Fighting the War on Pollen

Monday, April 4, 2016





My nose has failed me.

I know I'm not alone. I've seen your red drippy noses. I’ve noticed your pocket is also stuffed with partially used Kleenex tissues.

For years I have suffered mildly from allergies, but this spring has upped the ante. Recently, I ran to our local small town grocery store to pick up more allergy meds. If you live in a small town you know how this works.  If you are nicely dressed and feeling great, you will see no one you know. If you look like crap, feel like crap, and/or in a hurry, you will see everyone you know. 

You can see where this is headed... red nose running, itchy watery eyes swollen. I felt like I needed a bold graphic tee shirt to quickly explain why I looked like hell on wheels, "I'm allergic to Los Alamos,” it could read. But after some deep self reflection I decided it should probably read, " I'm allergic to the lower 48." And cold or not, I have to wear a cardigan just so I have a few extra pockets to stuff all of my tissues which undoubtedly all spill out every time I put my hand in my pocket. Awesome.

 The tissues! Oh the tissues! At home there is at least one tissue box on every available flat surface. Therefore no matter where you are in the house you have a minimum of six tissue boxes within reach. You know, just in case.

And while other bloggers are instagramming their cute photos of their cutely staged cute coffee mugs, I've got pictures of tissues. #cutelyisaword

I am pretty certain that I have now read every available article ever written about how to help deal with allergy symptoms. Every. Single. One. Yep. That's right, I now know all there is to know about allergens, allergies, and…all that crap. So after reading said articles I set out to buy orange juice, Clariton, Zyrtec, Allegra, Benadryl, Flonase, essential oils, a diffuser, a neti pot, and nose filters. True story. 

So naturally, I am now in the market for a new nose. Can I pick a prettier one?

Then, the winds came…

Yeah… I'm in hiding now. 

I used to chat outside my son’s classroom with some of my mommy friends while we all waited for our children to be dismissed from school. Now I park at the curb and hide in my car.  Any parent who has ever attempted to park at the curb knows you have to show up a ridiculous half hour before dismissal. Otherwise you are  forced to drive slow circles around the parking lot waiting for an opening. Good times.

So if  you see a crazy, red nosed woman sporting a ball cap, sunglasses, a tissue stuffed cardigan, and a tee shirt that reads, “I'm allergic to the lower 48,” hurrying from the wind like a mad woman from her car to the grocery store for some more Clariton, say a prayer for her, will ya?

Silly girl, someone should tell her, “You can't outrun the wind.” 

Thanks for stopping by! Much Love!
Stefani



Post a Comment

The Adventures of the Fichtel Five © // QUINN CREATIVEs