Just Another Day In Paradise

Saturday, May 3, 2014


"A boy is, of all wild beasts, the most difficult to manage." 
- Plato

 

I agree.

The first part of  today, was nothing out of the ordinary. A visit to the Children's Clinic to see our favorite doctor confirmed that our William has a double ear infection. That didn't stop Him.

After a fairly uneventful day with a cranky, sick toddler, our evening proved to be much more entertaining. William had a nap (praise The Lord!), then the boys and I went to pick up a prescription for William. Once home again the boys wanted to play in the backyard. When the weather is nice, they live in the backyard. And when in the backyard they play so well together, going on "adventures", digging in the dirt, protecting the innocent while fighting off the bad guys, or building forts with scrap lumber. They also love to jump on the trampoline.

This evening, while they were playing outside I perched myself in a comfy chair by the back door to feed their baby brother while I watched them play. I wasn't paying well enough attention. (Rookie mistake!)

Michael comes to the back door to announce that William had an accident in his pants, nothing too uncommon, we are in the midst of potty training. While I settle Benjamin down to come and retrieve The Toddler, Michael has another announcement to make...

Correction, William had left a gift for me on the trampoline...yep, that's right people! 
Our Toddler had done his business on our trampoline. 

There are no words.
And yet I had a whole string of them going thru my head as I made my way over to the trampoline, not words I'll share with you now.
I took William inside and cleaned him up, then proceeded outside to clean off the trampoline. Then I realize, Bode has been no where to be seen in a while. In my world...this, is not a good thing.

 I found him, in their bathroom working on the mother of all Mohawks. He used, I am certain, half a jar of Gorilla Snot (hair gel) in his hair. If you have boys and haven't heard of Gorilla Snot, shame on you! Allow me to fill you in, Gorilla Snot is super glue in the form of hair gel and packaged to appeal to little boys. Well, it does. 

 

I am convinced that in the wee hours of the night, when their unsuspecting mother is half asleep and half listening for Benjamin, these "sweet" and "innocent" angels of ours are concocting up schemes to keep me on my toes. I could have sworn I overheard them congratulating each other on a job well done tonight. :)


All I gotta say is, it is on boys.
It. Is. On.

In all honesty, when I look back (NOT in the moment, mind you) I am so glad I can laugh about it. 
I love it.
I love the crazy.
Wouldn't have it any other way.

Ok. You got me. 
I could do without the poop.




1 comment

  1. Loving these stories, keep them coming. Your granddad would be so proud.

    ReplyDelete

The Adventures of the Fichtel Five © // QUINN CREATIVEs